Wednesday, April 17, 2013

How to get a mini horse guilded?

This was a question posed to us through email on our blog. The answer is very simple. Contact your local large animal vet. Some vets will guild a horse by weight and others by a particular age. So contact the closes large animal vet and ask them when they would like to do it. Some people will guild by wrapping a tight rubber-band around the male horses... you know. Then they fall off because you cut off the circulation but the animal will be in amazing pain and it is animal abuse. Old farmers used to do this with all farm animals. You also wrist infection and when the vet comes out to give penicillin they will know. 

So long answer short find a vet and ask them when they want to do the proceeder. Ours has always come out to the barn and done it very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment